Actors Federal Credit Union is a cooperatively run, not-for-profit financial organization chartered in 1962 for the benefit of members of Actors’ Equity Association. Today, any paid-up member of Equity, SAG-AFTRA, AGMA, or member in good standing of any of our 151 member organizations is eligible to apply. Immediate family members are also eligible to join, including but not limited to: spouse/domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren.
- Proof of eligibility is required for all new accounts: Union members must have a current membership card and employees must have a current paystub or a verifiable letter from their employer
- See specific accounts for their requirements
- Buying a subscription, season pass, or the like to one of our member organizations does not qualify you for Credit Union membership.
If you have a question about your eligibility to join the Credit Union or would like to have your organization become part of our field of membership, contact Member Services at 212.869.8926, Option 6. Download the Certification of Relationship Form.
Your Credit Union
Credit Union members are owners of the credit union and pool their money for the benefit of all—through loans and other services. Interest received on those loans pays dividends back to members. The Board of Directors and Credit Committee, elected by the membership, volunteer their time; only the office staff is paid. We encourage members to take part by serving on committees, running for office, and voting at the annual meeting.
Unlike commercial financial institutions, ActorsFCU cares about and serves only one group—our community. Our sole purpose is to offer better deals than commercial institutions offer, like lower rates, more cost-effective services, and better service.
Our mission is to provide a full range of secure, progressive, and first-rate financial services to our members across America and to surpass their expectations. This mission is achieved through the visionary ideas of our Board of Directors, employees, and members.
Why “Bank” at ActorsFCU
- You deal with your peers. Decisions are made by members of your profession who understand The Business
- When you take advantage of services, you reap the benefits and so do other members: Interest you pay goes back to you and others in dividends, more services, and lower loan rates
- Our interest and dividend rates are competitive with—or better than—commercial and savings banks
- We are a full-service financial institution
- Policy is set by your elected officers
The Credit Union is not part of any union or any of our member organizations. We have our own offices and finances. Saving here benefits only you and other Credit Union members. The money for loans comes from the Credit Union, not from AEA, SAG-AFTRA, or AGMA’s treasuries, nor from any of our other member organizations.